26 August 2010

Things Bloggers Do #7

7.  CAPTCHA. hhhhhh.


This one should be titled, "Things WEBSITES ALL OVER THE ENTIRE INTERNET DO...."

There are few things more disheartening in blogland than reading through an amazing post, getting to the end…smiling, wanting to leave a comment, and coming across the elephant in the room that is CAPTCHA. It turns this:





I actually get nervous when I have to do them…like if I fail, I fail at life and not just some box where you type letters into. You can’t study for it; you just have to hope you can read the jumbled mess…



Who writes them? Do they ever make funny ones? Lets google it.





 Oh my. Ok, honestly, if I ran across that, I wouldn’t be so upset. But no, usually I get these!!!



or...


Awesome.  Just....awesome.  All I wanted was to post this old decor on craigslist...JUST GREAT.

I really feel bad for robots though, they suffer the most…who says they don’t want to blog and read about arts and crafts? I mean I know they have claws for hands but come on…let’s not discriminate!



“Honey! I was just reading about a good recipe for stew and that devil box popped up again! I just can’t take it anymore!”



I actually just found out my blog, until now, has supported robot segregation. I am truly sorry and apologize to the human and robot population alike. All are welcome on this blog. ;)



Of course there are bad spam robots, and if you’ve been repeatedly harassed, moderation of comments is acceptable, and I highly recommend that you purchase Old Glory Robot Insurance immediately.

             



18 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the chuckle!

kelley @ the eclectic owl said...

I seriously loathe that crazy box! I always get the one with all the u's, m's, n's and its all squished together. I don't have it on my blog and I have never received any spam or whatever else they think may creep in. I always love your drawings and posts!

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

LMAO!
Hehehe....you crack me up girlie :D

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

Oh i almost forgot.....
thanks a bunch for the George eye candy! Love him!! :D
XOX

Lindy said...

Who comes up with this kind of stuff? -- you gotta wonder...
L.

April said...

I can't stand captcha, especially when it's the silent kind. You know, the kind that shows up after you leave your comment and hit the submit (or comment, whatever they're called) button? Now that I think about it, I have to go and check to see if I'm anti-robot as well...

Ms. Bake-it said...

Love the eye candy! Although I have seen some funny captchas, they are still annoying. I just want to be able to leave my comment and not jump through hoops to do it.

Rex Robot Reviews said...

HAHA! I hate captchas too.

Rex Robot Reviews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsee said...

OMG!!!! Could you be any funnier?! I mean really!!! This post made me happy I didn't have a beverage in my mouth while reading it! So funny! -Kelsee

fawn said...

Ugh, the ubiquitous CAPTCHA. I'll have to let you know the next time I see a hilarious one.

Anonymous said...

This series gets funnier and funnier every week! It's funny because it's all SO true! :)

Anne Lorys said...

Captcha, word verification, it's all completely maddening to me.
You'd think people were trying to keep terrorists out, the way they make it so difficult for you to leave a comment!

/rant

:-)

Robyn said...

DANG, GIRL! I so wish you were my neighbor because if I gave you a Tiara and Wings YOU COULD RULE THE WORLD!!!

Robyn said...

ohhh I also wanted to say that I either have quite a few fans in Asia or a room full of robots in China and Vietnam that like my blog. I don't delete them because when I occassionally translate them, they occassionally make sense and only sometimes want me to purchase some type of unmentionable robotic toy.

VS said...

YEAHHHHH Friend...It's finally be spoken out loud!!!! I hate those darn things, my fingers ache from re-typing non words, when my tired eyes just can't figure out the secret code & after a few trys I just have to say...I'm outta hear!
& your soooo right, why is it the visitors responsibility to moderate who goes in & out when the author can easily moderate & do it themselves. Oh...I love this post...my thoughts exactly!!!
Smiles,
Susie

Amber Strehle said...

I was so distracted by George Clooney with a piece of lettuce stuck in his tooth that I did not even read the rest of this post...

April said...

You will be happy to know, I am now robot friendly. Robots all over the world are rejoicing as we speak.