28 May 2009

Me vs. the Paint Can

Good morning! I just had to blog this morning to show you my impulse creation last night. I think I tend to do that alot....and the pieces that I just decide to do on a whim usually turn out the best :)
I got this awesome full-of-potential bench at a thrift store about 4 months ago...and its been sitting in the garage ever since. Poor thing....

Well last night I decided to give it a fresh coat of paint and some new fabric. Oh I can't wait to put this in the shop!
Also, I just wanted to comment on the fact that my mosquito bite has now turned into a full size flesh wound.....and now my summer legs (or, on their way to being summer legs, rather) have a nice big scab right on the front. Juuuuuust great. :)
Anyways, without further ado, our journey from gross bench to "yes I would like that featured on the front porch with some nice burlap pillows and a good book bench." Enjoy.
Before - a little 70's but look. at. that. potential.

So first off, gotta sand it down. Sandpaper is one of my worst fears in life. I hate the way it feels. Even as I type this, it is giving me goosebumps. But guess what, I actually sanded it!! Without gloves!!

Next came the fun part....ripping off that putrid orange fabric. It felt like animal fur...it really did. I was thinking...well, whatever is underneath can't be as bad as this....ha...ha...Guess Again!! Hello there, even more disgusting..wool (?) blend butt pads....hello.







This sparked a thought in my head about whose tush sat here before me. Then I stopped thinking about it really fast as all the possibilities started going through my head... and then I got back to mixin up my paint. I am usually really partial to white, but this time I decided to paint it black. Say whaaaaat?



Alright...without further ado, here is the almost done bench. I will put the fabric on tonight, but I just had to show you a picture with the finished product in mind! Let me know what you think! :) Oh and I'm gonna go back a few posts and put some pictures on the old posts as well. A really cute wire basket I got and another angle of our guest room.....thanks for reading!


1 comment:

a beach house in Montana said...

wow that really turned out to be beautiful great job you go girl sherri